Opera Software has released important bug fix upgrades for the Symbian versions of both Opera Mini 6.5 and Opera Mobile11.5. The updates fixs a bug that caused both browsers to lock up if Opera Link bookmark synchronization was enabled. There are some other fixes including one where deleting pre-installed search engines did not "stick". The change-log is below:
- Added predictive text input and language choice in search field
- Fixed issues with browser freezing
- Fixed issues with browser when Opera Link is enabled
- Fixed issues with text selection and cut/copy/paste
- Fixed issues with reappearing search engines after deletion
- Fixed issues with selecting text using Up/Down navigation keys
- Fixed issues with third-party input keyboards (QQ, Baidu, Sougou)
The above fixes apply to both Mini and Mobile, in addition Opera Mobile got a fix that improves stability in out of memory situations.
The new Opera Mini version number is 6.50(27309). It supports Symbian S60 2nd ed and latter including the latest Symbian Belle devices.
The upgraded Opera Mobile version number is 11.50(1947) or 11.50(1948) for the version with Asian language support. Opera Mobile 11.50 supports Symbian 3rd Edition FP1 and latter, up to and including Symbian Belle.
I installed the updated versions of Opera Mini and Mobile on my N8 running Anna with no issues. I re-enabled Opera Link and can confirm that the hang issue is fixed. These updates are highly recommended for all Symbian users.