Opera Software today issued an update to Opera Mobile 12.0 for Symbian. It fixes a number of bugs and restores HTML5 <video> and <audio> support. Here's the changelog.
- Fixed crash when logging into Twitter
- Fixed bug with web forms auto-submission
- Fixed HTML5 audio/video tags support (now we score 319 + 9 bonus points on http://html5test.com)
- Improved performance of zooming animations and general responsiveness during page loading
- Fixed a number of startup/shutdown crashes
- Changes for font size in opera:config can now be saved (the rest works already)
- RTL is not fully supported in input fields
- Keypad navigation issues on touch devices with QWERTY keyboard
- Using FontZoomer to render your fonts can crash under certain circumstances. This is also an issue with the Nokia browser when visiting Hindi sites.
- We are communicating with them and hopefully it will be fixed on their end.
It's been just over a week since the initial Opera Mobile12.0 release. The form auto-submission bug was particularly vexing as it made logging into sites difficult or impossible on some devices and the lack of <video> support broke touch.dailymotion.com and possibly other video sites. I'm very pleased that Opera responded so quickly with a fix.
The new release is labeled Opera Mobile 12.0 Update One and carries the release number 12.00.2169. It's available for Symbian 3rd ed. FP1 through Nokia Belle and can be downloaded from m.opera.com (mobile) or opera.com/mobile/download/ (PC).
Related Post: Hands On With Opera Mobile 12 For Symbian and Android