A while ago I wrote about using bookmarklets in Opera Mini. That page and o.yeswap.com, the page with the bookmarks themselves and some simple instructions, get quite a bit of traffic and are frequently linked to from the Opera Mini forum at my.opera.com.
Recently there have been posts at my.opera with requests for more bookmarklets. Someone wanted a bookmarklet for adding the current page’s feed to Google reader and there was a request for a bookmarket to check a page’s crowd sourced reputation using the Web of Trust website. It seemed like a good time to for an update.
I’ve added the following bookmarklets to o.yeswap.com
- Add to Google Reader – Loads the current site’s feed to Google reader. Click the “Subscribe” link in reader to add it to your reading list. From Google Operating System.
- Web Of Trust – Check current site’s reputation on Web Of Trust (WOT). From selurus at My Opera.
- Page Rank – Display the current page’s Google Page Rank. From Techdreams
- Highlight Links– Highlight all links with a yellow background. This is great with Bloglines Mobile which displays links in the same black color as regular text (see image). From the Opera Browser Wiki
- Bloglines Citations – Read what bloggers have written about the current page using Bloglines’ index. Adapted from the Infoworld Blog
- Web-Sniffer – View current page’s HTTP request and response headers and source code using Web-Sniffer.net. From the Opera Browser Wiki
To add any of these to Opera Mini.
- Visit o.yeswap.com with OM.
- Click on the bookmarklet you want to add, the page will reload with the bookmarklet appended to the URL
- Press #, then 7 to add a bookmark.
- Edit the bookmark’s title (“BookMarklet”) to something descriptive and optionally assign a Speed Dial key.
These bookmarklets work in Opera Mobile 8.65 too – if you turn off the option to open bookmarks in a new window. Of course Opera Mobile doesn’t have Speed Dial or a hot key for adding a bookmark so things aren’t quite as convenient. Readers have reported success using bookmarklets with recent versions of Mobile Internet Explorer and Palm Blazer. Please leave a comment if you get bookmarklets working an any other mobile browser.