The new bookmarklets are:
Ping this! – Ping.fm is a free service that lets you simultaneously post a status update to multiple social networks including Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and Bebo. The bookmarklet submits the current page’s URL to Ping.fm’s online form where you can edit it before posting.
Copy page text – This one is huge! It lets you copy text (or source code) directly from a web page for posting into an email, web form or text editor. It uses Menniesyys’ online service which displays the page text in editable text boxes. To use it your handset’ OS must support copy/paste from text fields. Platforms with copy/paste support include S60, UIQ, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile , Palm (in Blazer but not Opera Mini) and most Sony Ericsson feature phones. To view or copy the source code instead of the visible page text, click the “tag-enabled mode” link below the text boxes.
How to Add Bookmarklets to Opera Mini and Other Supported browsers
- Visit o.Yeswap.com in Opera Mini or another browser that supports bookmarklets.
- Find the bookmarklet you want to use and click on its link.
- When the page reloads bookmark it.
- Save the bookmark which is now a bookmarklet.
Using Bookmarklets in Opera Mini
So now that you have a bookmarklet or two in Opera Mini how do you use them? It’s really very simple.
- When you are on a page that you want to send to ping.fm and copy text from go to your browser bookmarks page and launch the appropriate bookmarklet.
- Power user tip: Assign frequently used bookmarklets to an Opera Mini Speed Dial shortcut key for quick access.
If you find or write any bookmarklets that are useful and work in Opera Mini, leave a comment and I’ll add them to o.yeswap.com.
Related Post: Bookmarklets for Opera Mini